This is the tastiest and healthiest pate recipe I have ever tried. I got this recipe from a friend of mine and since then it is on the front page in my cookbook.
Chicken Liver Pate
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pint fresh chicken livers, trimmed
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup Madeira or port
- 3 tbsp heavy cream, plus more as needed
- Kosher salt to taste
- Add 4 tablespoons butter to a heavy cast iron pan and set over medium heat.
- Once it has melted, add shallots and cook until soft and translucent.
- Increase the heat to high and add the livers, wine and thyme to the pan. Cook for about 8 minutes, until the livers become light golden, but still pink inside. Transfer the mixture to a food processor, add the remaining butter and heavy cream and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Place the pate into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Spread over a slice of toasted bread and enjoy.