I made this dish for my son’s birthday party and all guests craved for more.
Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup packaged garlic croutons
- 30 g goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp vinaigrette or Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or basil, chopped
- Halve the tomatoes and gently discard seeds with teaspoon or you can do it with your fingers. Thinly chop the pulp and place in a bowl. Put the hollowed tomatoes, cut side down on a plate lined with paper towel and let stand for about 5 minutes to drain.
- Add the goat cheese, olives, croutons, thyme and dressing to the bowl with pulp and stir well to combine. Fill the mixture into the tomatoes.
- Transfer the stuffed tomatoes to a baking tray or broiler pan and broil for a couple of minutes, until heated through and the cheese has melted