This is a delicious recipe for Sunday brunch or a quick snack. Onion and parsley go well with cheese. So make sure you have all the ingredients on hand and start experiencing.
Cheese and Onion Drop Scones
- 100g self raising flour
- 100 ml milk
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 30 g cheddar cheese or other hard cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pass the cheese and onion through a grater and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk and eggs and pour over the flour mixture. Mix well with a whisk until combined.
- Add the butter and oil to a skillet and set over medium heat. Using a tablespoon, drop the batter into the hot skillet and fry the scones until the edges become light brown, Turn them over and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate, and continue frying with the remaining batter.