Mouthwatering falafels flavored with carrots, onion and cumin. It will take 20 minutes to prepare and the result will surpass all your expectations.
Carrot and Cumin Falafels
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 onion
- 400 g chickpeas
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon flour, for dusting your hands.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a medium skillet and set over medium low heat. Add the chopped onion and grated carrot and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the vegetables become tender, remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Then add to a bowl, followed by the chickpeas, season with cumin and using a potato masher mix well to combine.
- Dust your hands with flour and shape the mixture into small balls.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Place the falafels in the hot oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until they acquire golden brown crust.
- Great to serve with quinoa pilaf.