This hearty soup is a healthy combination of ingredients, whereas the ground coriander adds more value to it. Quick to cook, easy to digest.
Carrot and Coriander Soup
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 potato, chopped
- 450 g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Handful coriander
- Add the oil to a large saucepan and set over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until light golden tender.
- Add the potato and ground coriander, give a stir and cook for a minute.
- Then add the chopped carrots and stock. When it begins to boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and bring to a simmer until carrots soften, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer the soup into a food processor, add the fresh coriander and pulse until smooth and creamy. Pour the soup back into the saucepan, adjust seasonings to taste and heat it before serving.