These amazing falafels are very easy to make and delicious. To make it healthier, use whole-wheat flour and organic eggs.
Carrot And Coriander Falafels
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- a generous shake of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon oil, plus 2 tablespoons for frying
- 1 x 400 g tin of chickpeas, drained, rinsed thoroughly
- A handful of chopped coriander
- A handful of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon flour, plus extra to shape the falafels
- Peel and finely chop the onion and wash and grate the carrot.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of oil, cumin, chopped onions and carrots in a frying pan and cook for 5 minutes, until tender. Remove from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Add to a large mixing bowl, followed by the chickpeas, flour, chopped coriander and parsley.
- Using a potato masher, mash the mixture until soft and puree. If the mixture is too thick, you may add 2-3 tablespoons water, so that you can work with mixture.
- Dust your hands with flour and shape the mixture into 12 small balls.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pan and heat over medium heat. Add the balls and fry for 10 minutes until golden brown on all sides.