Making these buns is a perfect treat for the whole family. Halve them, add a slice of butter and enjoy.
Breakfast Sunshine Buns
- 250 g flour
- 1 sachet fast action dried yeast
- 30 g sultanas
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 can pineapple chunks
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and yeast.
- Add the finely grated carrot and sultanas. Mix well and make a well in the centre of the flour mixture.
- Add ½ can pineapple chunks reserving the juice.
- In a measuring cup, mix the pineapple juice with boiling water to make it 160 ml liquid and pour over the pineapple chunks, . Mix well to form soft dough. Then transfer to your work surface, dusted with flour and knead with your hands.
- If the dough is too moist, you may need to add little more flour. Let it sit for 15 minutes, covered with a kitchen towel. Divide the dough into 8 balls.
- Butter the 8 cups of muffin tin and place 1 ball of dough into each of cups.
- Let sit, uncovered, to prove for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake in the oven until the buns have risen and golden on top. Let them slightly cool and enjoy with butter.