So many culinary wonders and all in your hands. Sure, you don’t want to miss out this healthy pink salad.
Beetroot Feta And Red Lentil Salad
- 1 tbsp oil
- 125g beetroot
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100 g red lentils
- 300 ml water
- 130 g spinach or other leaves (2 handfuls)
- 50 g feta cheese, crumbled
- Sprig of mint, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the oil to a medium pan and set over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Thinly slice the beetroot and add to the pan. Cook for 10-12 minutes until crisp tender.
- Clean out the lentils, rinse in cold water and add to the pan. Pour in 100 ml boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add 200 ml more water and cook until lentils soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line the serving plate with spinach or kale leaves, Top with the cooked and cooled salad and serve sprinkled with feta cheese and garnished with chopped mint.