If you are fond of risotto, then this dish would serve your appetite ideally. The addition of spinach, cheese and lemon juice gave it an unforgettable taste.
Barley Risotto With Feta Spinach And Lemon
- 320g pearl barley
- 200 g frozen spinach
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 6 cups of water
- 100 g Greek style cheese (feta)
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Few sprigs of Parsley
- Pour the chicken stock and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add the barley and cook for 10 minutes. Then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the barley is tender. Season with salt to taste.
- Place the barley in a large serving dish, draining any excess water. Top with the crumbled cheese and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
- Drizzle with oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice and serve warm.