This recipe makes tasty burgers for your whole family. To make it healthier enjoy it with fresh vegetables or green salad.
Aubergine And Kidney Bean Burgers
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 aubergine
- 1 onion
- 1 red chili or a pinch of dried
- 1 tsp cumin
- 400 g canned kidney beans
- A few sprigs of mint or coriander
- 2 tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, chopped onions, chilli and cumin in a medium pan and set over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the aubergine and cook for another 5-6 minutes, until tender and browned. Let cool and place in a mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the kidney beans in a pot for 10-12 minutes saucepan until very soft. Drain the kidney beans in a colander and add to the mixing bowl. Add the chopped herbs and mash well with a potato masher.
- Finally, mix in 2 tablespoons flour. Let the mixture sit in the fridge for 30-50 minutes.
- Dust your hands with flour and shape the chilled mixture into 4 burgers.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan over medium heat. Place the burgers in the hot oil and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with cooked rice or a fresh salad.